Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Nothing to be scared of....but I can still imagine all kinds of things.... :-)

I felt relieved after I got home from the doctor's appointment today (our regular doctor, because we don't have an OBGYN yet) Actually, I started to feel better as I was talking to him. David went with me because he was getting a bad cold. So he got some medicine to help him to get well.

The doctor said that it's perfectly normal to be vomiting so much and even suddenly with out much warning. He even said it's normal to be afraid. Most pregnant(especially newly pregnant) women are afraid and worried at one time or another.

I think that the thing that helped me most is when the doctor said that I should be feeling better in about 2 weeks. Today, he estimated that I am approximately 10 weeks or in my 11th week. But the catch is that I may not feel immediately better after 12 weeks, but I should gradually feel better. :| He also drew me a little chart/drawing of what stage I am at in my pregnancy. Pictures help me a lot. I think he is a great doctor.

I have a new sense of peace though. Even though the rest of the day was difficult because I was feeling sick, I think I can deal with this.

The other cool thing was after the appointment, David and I decided (I sort of twisted his arm a little) to go to BabiesRUs. It's a great store. I'm glad he was feeling up to it even though he was sick. But I was also surprised that I seemed to forget about my nasty, sick problems that I had this morning.

We both enjoyed looking at the strollers, car seats, clothes etc. There was so much baby stuff. I mentioned in an earlier post that I wanted to register at this other store called Bergstroms but now I'm torn between these two. I may decide to register at both. :-)

Also, in the past few weeks or so I have been feeling some interesting fluttering feelings in my abdomen. So that gets me excited too. It will be at least 6 more weeks until I start to feel the first kicks though. :-D

2 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM , Blogger Sazzly said...

    I'm glad for you that the morning sickness might go away soon :). Your doctor sounds very helpful and comforting.

    Sarah

     
  • At 7:42 AM , Blogger SAJ said...

    Definitely register at both because there aren't that many Bergstroms and your out of town relatives will have an easier time getting to BabysRUs. Plus BabysRUs is online and affiliated with ToysRUs.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home