Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 09, 2006

sick of being sick

These are my thoughts although they may be irrational, they seem sooooo true right now.

I've only been feeling terribly sick for the past 2 weeks. I am so frustrated right now. I thought that there were some things that I could do or eat (or not eat) that would help the nausea. I also think that my body is confused it doesn't know what "morning sickness" means. I mean I thought it meant that I would be sick in the morning and then I would be fine for the rest of the day. For the past 2 weeks, I seem to be sick all day long (and recently) through the night too. I'm really struggling with this. I've heard that there is a time where a woman will be "glowing with child". I hope that will be a happy time. But right now I doubt that will happen.

I'm sorry that this is such a negative post. I just need some encouragement.
Right now I really hate being pregnant. I'm frustrated that some of my friends are calling me and want to get together, but I don't feel like it.
I really don't want to go out in public and then all of a sudden feel like barfing. I just want to be back to normal. I am also anxious about starting to show when my belly gets bigger. I'm worried about how people will react, and if I will cry in front of them. I've been so emotional lately it's pathetic. I feel like I have PMS all the time.

Also, David is trying to help me but he's busy. I just wish that I could actually go shopping, do housework etc like a normal person. David is busy with school and I just can't wait until I start feeling better so that I can be normal and help him. I mean when I'm emotional it makes everything so much worse. I really hate this part of being pregnant.

I've been told that this will pass. But the other scary thought is if I actually do have twins then I could be sick for the whole 9 months. That's unthinkable for me right now. I don't remember if I mentioned this earlier but when I had the first ultrasound, the doctor saw 2 sacks. That means that I could have twins and yes it's in our family. :)

I want to be excited about that possibility but at the same time I'm scared and so overwhelmed at the thought. I hope tomorrow or maybe next week is better. I feel like I just want to give up. I never imagined that being pregnant was going to be so awful. It seems like this is just a sign of what's to come, and that things are only going to get worse.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:57 PM , Blogger Dinybaby said...

    Becky, I do know how frustrated you are right now. I can only say the devil wants you to be. The devil is the master discourager! The Lord knows what He is doing. I will Pray for you every day now. I hope your friends will understand how your are feeling. I don't want you to get discouraged about the icky part of pregnancy right now. I've heard Ginger is good for nausia. Ask the health food store people, they would know.
    Even though nothing sounds good at all to you, try keeping saltine crackers by your bed and before you lift your head up in the morning, try eating some. It may help. It's worth a try.
    I Love You.

     
  • At 9:47 AM , Blogger SAJ said...

    Oh Becky! It does get better. Hopefully you'll be lucky like me and magically get better at week 12. Then you get several months of feeling great AND THEN... of course you already know this, it gets sucky again. It's like hazing. You learn to love what you've suffered for. Sometimes I can't believe all the women in the world go through this. But we do. We're tough. And you know what makes it worth it? When your baby (or babies for you possibly) has eyes only for you. It melts me. It does.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home