Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 16, 2007

Yay!

Last night it worked. David tried to put Eric to bed while he was still awake. We've been working on putting him to bed at a decent time for a little while but he just seems to want to play. Especially when he looks up at his crib mobile with the colorful fish that move.
David and I wanted to watch a dvd together so we fed Eric and then rocked him a little bit and then put him in his crib. We put the crib soother on and swaddled him and put his pacifier in. For about 20 minutes he fussed and wiggled around in the crib.
We tried our best to ignore it and pretend we didn't hear it. After about half and hour, we went back in and discovered a smell and said to ourselves "So that's why he didn't want to go to sleep".

So after we changed him, we swaddled him again and put him back to bed.
We went to go finish watching the movie. It worked. He fell asleep by himself without me having to nurse him to sleep. That's usually what I have to do.
Hopefully, this will continue to work and David and I will be able to have part of the evening free without having to work extra hard to put him to sleep. I know that in the past Eric has been quite fussy in the evening and doesn't want to go to sleep. This is progress!

Another good thing: Yesterday Eric rolled over on to his back. I've been giving him some "tummy time" so that he can work on his neck muscles and be able to hold his head up. It was so neat. I put him on his stomach and he rolled onto his back and smiled. I cheered and encouraged him to do it again. I tried it a few times and he continued to roll over. I also tried to laying him on his back to see if he could roll the other way, but so far he hasn't.
I think it's easier to roll from stomach to back than back to stomach. I'll keep trying though. I know he'll get the hang of it. He's such a strong little boy. I'm so proud of him.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, you should be very proud of your little boy! He is growing so fast, Becky! Enjoy this time while Eric is young. Before you know it, he will be grown! I was excited to know he has rolled over. That's another sign of growth and development. Can't wait to see you and him next month. Love U--
    mom

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home