Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

beach boy




Yesterday I went to the beach with my cousin. It was great to be able to talk about Mom stuff and encourage each other. I haven't been to the beach since I was pregnant with Eric. What an experience! It was so calming to look at the ocean and hear the waves. I think it's a nice time of the year to go to the beach because there is not very many people. Of course it is nice to come in the summer but then you have lots of people and the parking is the pits. Anyway, I would come out to the beach even when it's cold just to have some peace and quiet.

What made it a little challenging was when Eric had to have his diaper changed. I knew that if I didn't change it right then, he would be screaming at me and he wouldn't calm down. He does not like to be dirty or wet.
It's quite a job changing a diaper on the sand. (Much different than the nice, sturdy changing table that I have at home.) I had my diaper bag and a changing pad with me. Fortunately, I also brought a couple of extra blankets. I put a blanket down first and then the changing pad and managed to change him with out getting too much sand on him. It seems like when I'm at the beach, no matter how careful I am, I always end up getting sand all over everything. He didn't seem to mind though. In fact the whole time he seemed pretty happy. Except when he started getting hungry again. I am so glad that I brought these great little bottles of formula called "nursette bottles". They are so convenient because they are ready to feed. All you do is put the nipple on.

Another thing that has made my outings a little easier is this car seat frame that I bought. Originally I bought it for my trip to Northern Cal in a few weeks. The other one that I have is big and bulky and doesn't travel too well on the air plane. This car seat frame looks like a stroller but it's much smaller and folds up really nicely. This has made my shopping trips a little easier too. Thank goodness for modern conveniences!

Yep, you read that right. I'm flying to Northern Cal (and yes I got David's ok :-) and I'm taking Eric with me. Whoa! What am I thinking? Taking a infant by myself on an air plane? Apparently I didn't get scared off from our last plane trip to South Dakota. Well, that trip wasn't that bad and now that I did it, I feel much more confident.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:46 PM , Blogger SAJ said...

    Yay! I'm sorry I didn't email you my pictures from the beach earlier. Come to the beach with us again soon, it was fun!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home