Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I am fearfully and wonderfully made!

I know that Eric is going to be beautiful. David and I both know that.
Today I had the ultrasound and the doctor determined that Eric is now 6 pounds and 7 ounces. Go Eric! And his measurements are right where they're supposed to be. The doctor kept saying "What a beautiful baby." I wish that we had him as our OBGYN but we don't. He's so much more personable than the OBGYN who I have now.
I wish I had a good ultrasound picture to put up from todays appointment but I don't. The pictures didn't turn out very clear this time. But we were able to see Eric on the screen so that's good enough for us. :-)

The doctor who did the ultrasound today said that Eric should be right around the normal weight. He's supposed to gain a half a pound a week so since I have about 2 weeks to go until the due date, that means that he should be about 8 pounds when he is born (give or take a few ounces or so).
Whoohoo!

While we were waiting in the waiting room, there was a lady who was very talkative and then she started talking to me. She seemed friendly but then I asked her about how many kids she had and she said "Oh, this would be my seventh one. But I've had 3 abortions." Then she made a terribly lame excuse about her not being ready for a baby and not having a loving father to take care of the babies......... I didn't know what to say so I just looked away.
How could she do that? Or maybe a better question is, How could anybody do that?
It's a baby for crying out loud!!! A life!!!!!
I can't quite figure out if people who have abortions just don't care or if they're completely ignorant or just plain stupid. Most likely the people who have abortions are also atheists.

I remember a while back when I had the amniocentesis test our doctor told us that some people decide to have an abortion when they find out that the baby has a problem because they can't handle not having a perfect child.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and WONDERFULLY MADE, your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139 v.13-16
So there! That's what God says!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM , Blogger burndive said...

    Preach it, sister!

     
  • At 1:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Amen, Becky!! I couldn't have said it any better. "I AM fearfully and wonderfully made!"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home