Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Close, but no dilation



Sorry for the bad picture. I really didn't look that pathetic but the camera we used doesn't do too well indoors. What can I say? It's cheap but hey, at least it's digital.

Today David and I went to the Church we grew up in. During the meeting I realized that my womb wasn't too happy. I started feeling a little achy. I tried my best to think of something else and focus on worshipping the Lord but it was starting to get difficult. I wasn't that concerned because Eric was kicking and moving just like he always has been. He seemed to be happy.
During the break, I was visiting with some people and I noticed that the crampy, achy feeling was going away. "Good, maybe it's just one of the those annoying Braxton hicks things again." I thought to myself.

During the next meeting, I noticed something else that made me start to worry. I whispered to David about it and we decided to head home and call the doctor. The doctor on call said to head to the hospital (again?) and get checked out.
But before we headed to the hospital we stopped at home and picked up the hospital bag and the infant car seat (just in case).

When I got to the hospital, I ended up getting the same nurse that I had the last time that I was there. She is very nice. She hooked me up the amazing sound machine again (external monitoring) and after a short while, she determined that my uterus was irritable but wasn't having any full contractions. Interesting huh? I thought so too. She said that it is common for that to happen and that it is really nothing to worry about.
She left me and David alone for a few minutes in the labor and delivery room and we dozed off for a little bit. Then she returned and said she talked to the doctor who was on call. The doctor said to go home and to relax and take it easy.
So David and I headed home a little reluctantly this time. We were hoping that it was for real this time and that we could call our family and friends and shout, "Our little Eric is born and he's doing just fine".

We've decided to leave the hospital bag in the car until the real time comes.
We'll have to see if I have another "false alarm" before Eric really is ready to come.

By the way, it's 19 days 'til the "due date" and I'm officially 37 weeks.
I have an ultrasound on Wednesday and another checkup on Thursday.
I'll keep you all posted.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I dare say your uterus has every reason to be irritable! =) Hang in there...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home