Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Cry baby

I thought I was going to be ok. But after I went to go and transfer 2 loads of clothes to the dryer, I broke down. I always put the timer on when I'm doing laundry. I set it for 20 minutes even though the wash cycle is 28 minutes but I need extra time to get down the stairs and over to the laundry room. But today I wasn't fast enough for one lady (who seems to think the world revolves around her). She had put my wet clothes on the counter and had her clothes already in washer.
This frys me because earlier when I was going to start the 2 loads, first I went to the one laundry room but of course that was full so I went to the other one and it barely had 2 washers available (the other washer was eating my coins). Let me tell you, it's difficult to carry 2 loads or even 1 load of laundry up and down the stairs and then to find out that the laundry rooms are full. Did I mention that I am almost 8 months pregnant?

I don't know how I'm going to manage this when I have a baby too. It would be so much easier if we had a washer and dryer in the apartment. But we don't and I should just be thankful that we have a place to live right?

In other news: David and I are waiting to get the money from our car insurance company so that we can buy a family car. Right now my car seems to be on it's last legs or last life. It has a bad oil leak, both door panels are duct taped on the inside because they keep coming off and the air conditioning doesn't work. At this point, it runs but that's about it. Hopefully, my car will be able to hang in there for the trip to the hospital and back.

Some lovely things that I am learning to put up with.

1. I can't see very clearly. The other day David and I were driving home and I had trouble reading the street signs. Normally, I would be the one to say "that's the street we need to turn on" when he couldn't see because he didn't have his glasses but now it's the other way around. I borrowed his glasses for a minute and instantly I could see the signs perfectly.

I don't know if that means that I need glasses or if this is just another annoying symptom and it will clear up after I have the baby.

2. I'm hot 98% of the time. I have an instant heater inside of me and it makes me uncomfortable.

3. I don't sleep well anymore. Baby zebra constantly kicks and moves during the night and does his best to keep me awake. Oh, and the constant dreams. Oh how I wish they would quit.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Laundromats can be the "pits" sometimes, especially when someone else takes your clothes out of the washer or dryer just so they can use it. That is so inconsiderate!
    Anyway, just be thankful you have a place to wash your clothes. There is always something to be thankful for.
    I guess you will find out soon enough whether you will need eye glasses or not. I remember I got my first pair of glasses when I was around 27 or 28 years old.
    Love you my daughter!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home