Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The countdown begins..................

Well, since I'm uncomfortable and I can't think of anything else exciting to write, I've decided that now would be a good time to start counting down the days. It's exactly 30 days until D-day.
But who knows when the baby will come. It could be early as in a few weeks or it could be late like 2 weeks past the due date. To me that's unsettling not knowing when he'll come. But I realize that that's all part of it and I have to accept it somehow.

I've been spending most of my days reading. I have quite a few baby/new mom magazines and books. Some of them are helpful and some of them give me nightmares. Actually most of them give me nightmares. Lately, I've been waking up in the middle of the night and I look at the crib by the side of our bed. It seems so weird that a little tiny ECZ will be in there in just a few short weeks.
One of the things that I've been reading is that new moms lose A LOT of sleep and that taking a shower becomes a luxury. Oh and the breastfeeding? There's a huge selection of books on that subject.
Before I was pregnant I hardly even knew that breastfeeding was a subject that could take up an entire book.

Another thing that I just read today is that new moms need to learn to type with one hand. (so that I can hold the baby and type at the same time). They say it's a necessary skill that moms should learn. I guess I'd better start practicing. I have some time to learn how to get fast at it. Or maybe that's not possible. Maybe I can use the computer when the baby is sleeping? I've also read that I should sleep when the baby sleeps. I wonder how that is going to work.

Right now, (as I type) ECZ is poking me on both sides. It feels like he is trying to poke a hole and start digging his way out. It feels even worse when I'm lying down and trying to sleep.
He weighs about 5 1/2 pounds and is about 13 inches long from crown(head) to rump(bottom).
I can't wait to hold my precious baby. :-D

1 Comments:

  • At 1:44 AM , Blogger burndive said...

    I think you should spend some time reading some non-baby-related literature. Perhaps some Jane Austen or, C.S. Lewis, or even Orson Scott Card. Harry Potter would be a nice way to take your mind off of reality for a while.

    Anticipation is nice, but it can be overwhelming if it's all you think about. Be sure to spend some quality Becky time: that way you'll be sane enough to enjoy life's little roller-coasters, including the one that's currently churning inside you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home