Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Yes doctor..... whatever you say doctor


Well, I had the appointment today. I have discovered that pelvic exams hurt a lot worse when I'm pregnant.
The funny thing was that when the nurse called me in to the exam room I said something about being nervous about the pelvic exam. She said, "Oh, we're not going to do the exam today, unless you want to have it done.
Well, after the event that I had in the hospital I decided that I would like to know how close I was to going into labor.
When the nurse took my blood pressure, it was high. Or much higher than normal.
I know I was stressed when I got to the doctor's appointment but when I found out that my blood pressure was high, I felt a little more stressed. I guess I'm just a stress case these days.
I'll just say that I'm glad that David was with me today.

After the exam the doctor told me that she was pretty sure that I would last another week. Right after she said that I started to go into orbit. I thought "another week? What about 3 weeks? Can I last 3 weeks? That would be my actual due date."
I've been feeling a lot of pressure in the pelvic area and I wondered how I could make it another 3 weeks. Sometimes I'm not sure if I can even get up and walk. I feel like an old lady. I can hardly believe that I could be this uncomfortable.
The doctor also said that Eric hasn't dropped yet and that he was pretty high in there but the good news is that he is in the head down position which is a good thing.
But I don't know how long I have until he makes his appearance.

After the appointment, David and I went to get something to eat. (Quiznos hit the spot, I was hungry again).
Then we headed home and David went back to work.
I decided to go to the store and get a few more things to add to my hospital bag.
I also got a few things for myself to help get my mind off of these pregnancy woes.
I thought maybe a puzzle of cats and kittens would do the trick. (Yes I like puzzles) I haven't put a puzzle together in quite a while. I remembered that puzzles were relaxing to me. Even though they might be frustrating to other people. I like to see the pieces fit together.
Also, I got a relaxing cd by Jim Brickman (piano music). I listened to it today and it's good stuff. That's what I think anyway.

After my shopping spree, I headed to the park. But first I was hungry again (and Eric was hungry too) so I headed to Taco Bell and enjoyed a delicious bean and cheese burrito (no onions) and a soft taco at the park. How relaxing! I could almost feel my blood pressure dropping as I took a few deep breaths of the fresh air and looked around at the scenery. I'm so glad that I live close to a park. I guess it's been a while since I've been outside in the fresh air.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:50 AM , Blogger SAJ said...

    We've got more fresh air here at the beach for you to enjoy! Come spend a few of your last days with us!

     
  • At 8:33 AM , Blogger Becky said...

    My last days? Am I going to die? ;)

     
  • At 5:31 PM , Blogger HotRodHanna said...

    I pointed my sis-in-law to your blog. She is stuck in bed for another 7 weeks, so she was very sympathetic to your plight! We're still praying for you!

     
  • At 7:00 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Thanks Hodrodhanna. I appreciate your prayers so much.

     
  • At 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those exams can be uncomfortable! Glad it's over. Wish I could share going to the park, eating at Taco Bell and shopping with you Beck. After almost six years since you've left home, I still miss you tons!! I remember that you use to enjoy puzzles. Grandma McConnaughy did, too. It would be fun to be able to get together with you and "build" a puzzle. Kitty puzzles are the best! Anyway, it's very normal to feel overwhelmed and stressed right now. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths". The Lord will see you through your entire pregnancy Becky and afterwards. Lean hard on Him. Daddy and I love you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home