Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 22, 2006

Again?

Yep it happened again. I had some more pain and I didn't know what to do.
I was on my way to visit some friends of mine and my womb decided to protest (or something). I was having trouble walking to the car and even more pain walking back up the stairs to the apartment. Something didn't feel right. The pain was in my pelvis area and lasted about 15 minutes and then slowly eased up after a while. So I called my doctor but I ended up talking to the nurse instead. She said to go to the hospital because it could be the start of labor and it would be better for me to get checked out just to be safe.

So this time I drove myself the hospital because David was coming back from his lunch and he had to go back to work so we both decided that I could call him from the hospital if it's the real thing.

The nurse hooked me up to the monitor again and determined that my uterus is irritable again. ---No full contractions and the pain that I was having was ligament pain. My womb is stretching to make more room for Eric. Ouch! It hurts.
She also said that I would know when I start having the real contractions because they last about a minute and then they are consistant. But I've never done this before so I don't know exactly what real contractions feel like.

I remember when I went to the child birth classes, they talked about the contractions and how to time them. But I don't think they mentioned what they would feel like.
For example: do they feel like a really bad stomach ache? Or really horrible menstrual cramps? Who knows?
I'm just feeling pretty dumb after going to the hospital 3 times (so far) only to be sent home after a few hours and I still have 2 weeks to go until my actual due date.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's difficult to know how strong and painful your contractions will be. Each woman is different. The first stage of labor shouldn't be too difficult for you. The second stage gets a little more intense and harder to consentrate. The third and final stage is the shortest in duration, but usually the most painful (but every woman's tolerance for pain is different). This is the one that David will be of most importance to you Beck. I am sure he will be a good coach for you through-out your entire labor. Don't feel ashamed if you need something for the pain either. It is soo amazing how a new mother forgets all she went through to have her baby after he/she is placed in her arms. The Lord will be with you Becky.

     
  • At 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've only had one baby, and she came four weeks early, so when my contractions started I thought I was just having cramps or that maybe the baby was dropping lower or something. After an hour or two, though, it occurred to me that maybe I was in labor. So I called my doctor, we went to the hospital to get checked out, no biggie...and five hours later, we had a baby. :-) I'd say comfortablycrazy's description above is pretty accurate in my experience.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home