Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Nausea and emotions

I don't understand how so many women put up with this. I've been told that we are strong and can handle anything blah, blah, blah. I can't wait until I actually start to realize that this terrible lousy horrible first trimester is worth it. So far my 12 weeks is going out with a bang. It doesn't want to go away.
Well I say "Be gone already!" This is like a sickness or a horrible thing that I wouldn't want to wish on anybody. It's almost like having the stomach flu for 3 months. Except having the stomach flu would be so much better because then you could actually take peptobismo or something to relieve the symptoms. But not with this morning sickness. I can't take any medicine or over the counter stuff to help it to go away. Every little thing that I look at for nausea or upset stomach says "Do not take if you're pregnant or nursing or consult a doctor before taking this product" I've tried that and the doctor said exactly what I thought he would say. Phooey!
Instead I have to just cry my eyes out and hang on to the toilet for dear life.

I never dreamed that being pregnant would be so horrible. I didn't know what to expect at all. I've heard about it. But I just thought "It won't be so bad".
But lately, it's killing me. And I have to just sit and wait and say "It will pass".
Also, I have to hope that my baby is ok and everything is fine. (Up-chug, up-chug, barf, cry, and cry some more)

What makes this worse is that I am not a naturally calm person. I mean I've always gotten stressed about my jobs, the traffic, the weather, etc. So being pregnant is not a good thing right now.

God is teaching me something. I know it but I don't know what it is. I'm struggling with this so much and it's so hard for me when I pray and tell him how awful I'm feeling and then I wake up the next day feeling worse and it's pooring down rain outside. Please help me to realize that He has a plan and that He is with me every step of the way.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM , Blogger Dinybaby said...

    Becky, I know it's hard to believe it when mothers are always telling you it will pass and it is worth it! I know there is great comfort and assurance for us to help us get through these difficult trying times. In Philippians 1:6 it says "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ". Also in Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee." You apparently have a very healthy strong pregnancy. That is a very good thing. The 1st timester is nothing compared to the next 18 years of your child's life. There will be different stages, some difficult and some easy. There will be so many wonderful special moments to share with your child. It is a miracle and a gift from God, for sure.
    I know you hate this time, and I agree it is terrible. But I will be thinking about you and praying for you too. You will get through this! "I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me" Phillippians 4:13.
    Love,Dianna

     
  • At 12:33 PM , Blogger SAJ said...

    amen to that!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home