Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Baby proofing

David and I have started to baby proof the apartment. At first I thought that it would be great because it would give me something else to do instead of sitting around thinking about how much time I have until delivery day. I've been hearing from other people that the last 2 weeks are the worst because they just drag.
But then I discovered a problem. Now there are a lot of things that I can't reach. We have some "baby dangerous" things that are now on a high shelf. So now whenever I need to reach something I ask David. It's nice to be married to a tall husband. (Yes I have stool to stand on but I don't want to take a chance and fall, especially when I have a precious baby inside. Besides I've been using the stool for a footrest and it works really well for that.)

I've also been a mildly annoyed because I can't lift anything over about 10 pounds. I feel helpless and that's a frustrating feeling for me. It's hard for me to ask for help, but I guess I'll have to get used to doing it.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM , Blogger SAJ said...

    Wanna come over and baby proof my house next? We're still in the process of doing that. Meanwhile, the baby is quickly following behind us, drinking bleach, falling off the balcony and eating kitty litter surprises.

    You're smart to do things early. I know you've heard this a million times, but after the baby gets here time speeds up to warp speed. I think I'm turning 50 tomorrow.

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If you are able to move to another place before Eric starts to crawl, then you shouldn't need to worry about baby proofing yet. Hopefully, you kids find something before baby crawls.

     
  • At 12:45 AM , Blogger Becky said...

    "Hopefully" being the opperative word. That's why were doing it know. We have no idea if we will find a suitable place before Eric starts crawling around. Also, David and I'd like to get used to having a baby proof house.
    We're trying to get ahead.

     
  • At 1:02 AM , Blogger Becky said...

    Oops, I meant now. I guess I'm a little tired. :-)

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Blogger Dinybaby said...

    When baby is still a newborn, you'll want to find your sleep time. There will be more time when baby gets a little older, before he starts to crawl, that you can continue to baby proof. Love You!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home