Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 09, 2006

Our little boy

I found out the results from the Amnio test that I had last week. The doctor told me that everything came back fine. I need to come back and have a follow up level 3 ultrasound because in the ultrasound I had last week (along with the amnio), the doctors found 2 potential problems. One was the length of the bones in the arms and the legs, (they were shorter than normal) and the other was that there was fluid in the kidneys. But both of those things don't seem to be a bad problem, it's just that the doctor wants me to have a follow up ultrasound just to see how our baby is growing. David and I both love to see our baby on the big screen and to hear his heartbeat. It's awesome! Thanks for all of your prayers.

He's moving around a lot. Everytime I feel him, I seem to stop whatever I'm doing and put my hand on my stomach. Even if I'm talking, I'll stop and say "Ah, he's moving again or he's awake now". It's funny.

Another thing, I'm pretty convinced that he is going to be really smart because he has be taking my brain cells. It's a good thing and perfectly normal but I have been feeling ditsy lately. I'm sure I'll be fine as long as I don't go take a test that requires my brain. It just hasn't been working very well, along with my memory. I think I have pregnancy alzheimers or something.

The things that have happened since the last post:
1. We've registered at the hospital where we are suppose to have our little bundle of joy in October!

2. I've cried some more because I'm still worried about our living/moving situation amd what we should do. I have been constantly praying about this and it's been hard for me to trust the Lord.

3. I've been getting out an about more often and it helps a lot. Walking is good and I have been enjoying the fresh air.

4. I have been slowing down. I can hardly do laundry and ironing with out feeling achy and tired.

5. My 5 1/2 month belly (or around 23 weeks) is starting to get in the way. I just can't do what I used to be able to do. Tieing my shoes is becoming more and more difficult. It's a little easier if I sit down to do it. Oh and shaving?, I'm just going to have to get used to the idea of having long hair on my legs, because in a few months, I won't be able to see my toes or legs. Hmmmmm... that should be fun.

6. I'm really starting to look forward to holding our baby. I'm thinking of ways to make the time speed by because I really can't wait to be a mom. I'm actually excited about caring for him and putting all the cute clothes on him.

7. I've been educating myself by reading a lot about pregnancy and taking care of newborns and raising kids.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank you for the updates Becky! You're on my mind a lot. =)

     
  • At 12:28 PM , Blogger Dinybaby said...

    You can have David rig up a seat to sit on in your shower, then you could put your foot up against the wall and shave your legs. I use to do stuff like that. He He

     
  • At 12:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Great news about the amnio! I'm so glad all is fine.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home