Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I got poked

Today, I had a blood test done because I have been noticing a little spotting and or weird stuff (sorry to be gross). I was concerned so I called the nurse at my doctor's office. She was very nice and understanding. She said I should have a blood test done to check for some things just to be safe. If there are certain levels of (? I don't remember what it was) something important, then I have the option of having some more tests done. Anyway, I went to the lab to have my blood drawn. I was a little nervous because the last time, the nurse had to try both arms to find my vein. But of course last time my wonderful husband was with me so I could hold his hand. :-) I guess my veins just like to hide. I even asked if she could try my left arm first because last time, they found the vein there. But this time my veins were being stubborn. We finally had success with my left arm but boy did it hurt.
I may be able to have the results from this test by the next doctor appointment next week when I have a check up. The doctor is supposed to go over the ultrasound from April and I can ask some more questions.

On a related note, the prenatal tests that I had done in April came back normal. The nurse I talked to today at the doctor's office said everything was in the normal range and that the ultrasound seemed to be fine too. But the doctor will be there next week to talk things over with me. So I can stop worrying, right? I hate to say it but I think I'm a worrier to stay. Once a worrier always a worrier.

I think I was concerned because I haven't been having any more symptoms-(no unusual pain or cramping). In fact I was so concerned and worried that I starting imagining the worse and I started crying. I have been taking it easy for the most part. I've been trying to do all the right things.

I am going to take a nap now. I'm tired again.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger Becci said...

    Oh Becky, I know pregnancy can be full of worry. It is totally normal to have those fears. You bet I have them all the time! But you're doing great. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

     
  • At 2:45 PM , Blogger burndive said...

    Here, have some comfort/peace/"sleep": see what the Lord does.

    (A song of ascents. Of Solomon.)

    Unless the LORD builds the house,
    its builders labor in vain.
    Unless the LORD watches over the city,
    the watchmen stand guard in vain.

    In vain you rise early
    and stay up late,
    toiling for food to eat—
    for he grants sleep to those he loves.

    Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
    children a reward from him.
    Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
    are sons born in one's youth.

    Blessed is the man
    whose quiver is full of them.
    They will not be put to shame
    when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

    ~Psalm 127 (NIV)

    *hug*

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home