Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mother's Day events

Mother's day was nice. David and I had pictures taken with his family and went to dinner. The day before though, I was thinking that it was going to be a flop. First of all, I didn't have anything suitable to wear that fit me. I was a mess. David went with me to go shopping at the mall. I ended up crying in JCPenneys. I could hardly believe that most of these stores hardly had any selection. I may have been stressed because I am a little in between.(Not to big and not too small.) All I know is that none of my pre-pregnancy pants fit me. We finally ended up on going to Sears and I found some black pants in the maternity section. But the problem was that they were too long. That always seems to be a problem for me. What made it worse is that I didn't have time to hem them before Sunday. I thought about the iron-on hem tape that I had at home. So I used that except it didn't work too well. It kept coming undone.
David kept assuring me that you won't be able to see it in the pictures. But of course I felt self conscious because some people did notice that the tape wasn't doing it's job.
The main reason why I was worried about Mother's day was because I knew that I was going to see people and I didn't know what to say. I haven't seen some of David's family since before I had gotten pregnant and it was making me nervous.

On Sunday when we were getting ready to leave to have the pictures taken, I started feeling sick and nauseous. I can't believe that happens whenever I'm about ready to go some where. I don't know how to control it.

We got through the day, long pants and all. I ended up feeling ok for most of the day. Thank the Lord! Dinner was good at Marie Callendars. I had a yummy turkey dinner because that is what sounded good to me.
I think my baby liked the turkey too because I was feeling a lot of fluttering after I ate it. I was able to show everyone the ultrasound pictures that I brought with me too.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:54 PM , Blogger SAJ said...

    oh man... I remember getting really upset at the inbetween stage too and feeling so self conscious! It gets better. Once your belly starts showing it's more fun to shop for maternity clothes. Make sure you stop by mimi maternity in South Coast Plaza and if you can find an Old Navy that carries maternity... They have the most clothes for your buck. I also got by with some cheapo stretchy skirts from Forever 21 and they came in handy afterwards too when I wasn't quite back into my skinny clothes yet.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home