Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Why start to worry now?

I had a doctor appointment today and we got the results back from last week. I had an AFP test done to check for any abnormalities. The test came back positive. So that means that I have the option of having another test done which is called an amniocentesis test. From this test, they doctor can tell if there is in fact a problem.
The problems that can be detected from this test are a spinal problem, downs syndrome and a few others.
I am worried but David was with me today at the doctors appointment so it helped me a lot.
I am concerned about this though because this amniotic test involves taking a sample of the amniotic fluid (with a syringe needle) from my abdomen where the baby is. The amniotic fluid is taken to a lab to be tested. It doesn't sound like fun. But David is coming with me for support. He is a very supportive and a wonderful husband. I'm blessed to have him.
We are trusting the Lord on this. We know that he understands completely.
The rest of the appointment was fine. The doctor confirmed that I am 20 weeks pregnant as of today(5 months). Wow! I can hardly believe it.

After the appointment, I was hungry as usual. I have been so hungry lately, it seems like I'm always eating. After I ate a delicious roast beef sandwich and clam chowder soup from Togos, I begged David to come with me to Burlington Coat Factory to look at baby things. He likes it too. He even had fun looking at baby clothes and high chairs. It was great. It helped me to take my mind off of some of the things that I was worried about.
I know I know you are probably all thinking "Stop worrying Becky".....
I am trying but really the more I try to do it myself, I end up worrying even more and I just can't stop worrying by myself. I need God's help. I have been singing a song to myself by Twila Paris saying that God is in Control, and He is over everything. There is a line in the song that says "Why start to worry now?" It is a great song.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:40 AM , Blogger Becci said...

    I will be praying that everything turns out ok. It's hard trusting that He is in control of it all, but whatever He brings you He is with you. I have to tell myself that all the time.

     
  • At 7:06 PM , Blogger Dinybaby said...

    Becky, I will be praying that your tests are not too uncomfortable for you and that everything is OK. Love You, Dianna

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home