Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 02, 2006

It's hot and I'm 22 weeks

I'm so hot. Ugh. I don't know what I'm going to do in a couple of months when I'm really really uncomfortable. Right now, I'm at the uncomfortable stage. Also, some time soon I need to buy some cooler clothes that fit me. I'm trying to buy as I grow but it's hard when I'm hot and I don't have very many summer clothes. I also want to go swimming but our apartment complex has a rule called "no swimsuit, no swimming". Pretty dumb, especially since I don't have a swimsuit that fits me at all. I don't know if I'm ready to go out and buy one either. I want to swim but maybe not that badly.
I've also been self conscious with my current body shape. I look funny and awkward. I just don't feel comfortable about letting my pregnant belly hang out if you know what I mean.

Just to let you all know, I had the amniocentesis test done yesterday. We had the genetic counseling, the ultrasound and the amnio. It was a big day. The doctor hasn't ruled out Downs Syndrome so David and I decided to have the test done to find out. They weren't able to see anything obvious in the ultrasound that would indicate Downs Syndrome but we will have to wait about a week to get the results back. The amnio test wasn't too fun but it wasn't as bad as I had expected. After the test, I was told to take it easy for a few days. That meant no cleaning the house, no doing laundry and no grocery shopping. So I've been lazy and not doing much. But it was difficult to just sit around and look at the laundry and realize that I David and I were both running out of clean clothes. But I resisted doing any thing that would over exert myself. David wasn't feeling well so it was a blessing that he had the day off and didn't have to work.

In other news: I've been feeling movements. Our little boy is very active. So active in fact that it was hard to do the amnio test. There were 2 doctors who perfomed the test. One of them had to guide the needle with an ultrasound to make sure the baby doesn't move. Yikes! The baby had to be in just the right place so that they could take a sample of the amniotic fluid. I just closed my eyes and prayed.
I've been feeling a lot of movement and little thumps. No more fluttering. These are his little tiny cute feet and arms and the rest of him moving all around. He even did a sumersault during the ultrasound yesterday. I didn't feel it but I saw it on the ultrasound. He weighs almost a pound now and is about 8 inches long. Yeah!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:25 AM , Blogger burndive said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:01 PM , Blogger SAJ said...

    When you feel better come over and get some handmedown preggers clothes from me! I've got a couple of outfits that should help you through these horrid hot days. Sheesh it's been hot!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home