Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Restless nights

Yesterday evening David and I went to Burlington Coat factory to look at strollers and car seats. I've never walked around the whole store before so when I saw the Baby Depot, I was amazed. For a coat factory, they have a lot of selection.
It was nice be able to test out the strollers. They had some really neat travel systems. But some of them seemed to be a little complicated to figure out. Of course I'm not that familiar with these types of things. Anyway, we found a few that we like. :) We will probably come back later to spend more time looking.

When I got home and started to feel tired, I tried to fall asleep. But I laid awake thinking about how I was going to get a car seat into the back of my car. I don't know if it's going to fit. I have a 2 door and I'm worried. It's not like I can just go out an buy a new 4 door car right now. That seems like it would make things so much easier. I have to make do with what I have.
I'm haven't even tried to see if a car seat will fit. I just keep thinking about how it's inconvenient to have people sit in the back of my car. I have to move the seat forward to accommodate people. I don't know if I can handle having the car seat in the back and always tilting the seat or moving it to get the baby in and out.
This seems like such a dumb thing to be stressed about.
The other thing that made me keep tossing and turning was the stroller. Can I fit it into the back of the trunk with no problem?
I don't even know if I can test out a stroller and car seat in the store and take it out to my car to see if it fits. It seems to me that the sales clerks aren't always that nice and understanding. Or at least some of the ones that I've run into.
But people have told me to make sure that I get a car seat and stroller that fit in my car. I have no idea how this works. Do they expect you to buy the travel system and then return it if it doesn't work?

I'm frustrated because I don't have a instruction manual on how to be a mom, and how (and what) to buy for your baby. What I don't understand is that every mom has to do this.... but how do they do it? It seems like they just know what to do. But I'm having problems figuring it all out. Why do I keep hearing "I'll just know what to do when the time comes"? How is that really possible if I've never had a baby before?
It's one thing to be pregnant and carry a baby for 9 months and a whole different thing to take care of a baby after it's born.

I guess all these restless nights that I've been having are preparing me (in some weird way) for what is to come.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home