Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 30, 2006

So many baby items

About a week ago, I started looking at things to put on my baby registry. I went to Target yesterday and I just about fainted. Not because I was getting hungry and tired but because I went to the baby section in the store. I couldn't believe all these things that I will need to learn about. I was feeling overwhelmed. I've already started the registry online. I found some really cute clothes but I decided it would be much easier and more fun to go to the store and see what was there. I realized that a Saturday evening was a popular time to register for other moms-to-be as well. I noticed that one of the moms had one of her kids with her so I thought that she would have experience with this. I asked her about which pacifier was the best and if she could recommend one. She was very nice and told me that the Gerber brand was good, especially the silicon kind. I thought to myself, "That was just a pacifier. What about all the other stuff? I have no idea about all this baby stuff."
Then I looked at the bottles. Oh boy! I think I'll ask some moms again for their advice and their ideas. There are different types of nipples, different sizes, brands, etc. I didn't know that bottles could be so complicated.
The car seats and the strollers, that's another story. I guess I'm going to save that for last. I don't know what kind is the best. I think I'm going to look at some other stores to see what their selection is.
So I went home feeling tired. I also began to realize that being a new mom is going to be quite overwhelming.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:12 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. :)

     
  • At 8:40 PM , Blogger Reada said...

    Becky, my younger sister is due in May to have a baby boy :)
    With all this advice, I'm going to link her up to it.

    She was saying that someone gave her the advice about bottles... that the baby may be fussy with the type of bottle, so one shouldn't buy too many bottles before the baby is born. I heard this through word of mouth, and I have very little experience. But none the less, I hope it helps :)

     
  • At 5:58 PM , Blogger Dinybaby said...

    Ditto to what Reada said about the bottles. Buy some but wait to see what your baby will prefer. Also the same can apply to pacifiers too. I've been out of touch for a while, but sounds like the younger mother's know what they're talking about. I doesn't hurt to ask for help in each baby department you go in. Love, Dianna

     
  • At 11:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Becky, it's really cool to see the picture of your baby. Kind of wierd to. As far as the different baby items, I have no clue. When I was pregnant I had to buy different clothes to account for the loss of my girlish figure. Okay, I am just kidding. Anyone can see I can't have kids because I'm to skinny!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home