Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

2 month checkup




Eric turned 2 months old last Monday. He is continuing to gain weight. He now weighs 10 lbs 12 oz. The pediatrician says he's doing really well and that I'm doing a great job at being a mom. :-)
He had 4 shots (2 in each leg) and he did not like it one bit. It took the rest of the day for me to calm him down. The nurse recommended that I give him infant tylenol and give it to him as soon as I got home. I did that but Eric still kept frowning and whimering for the rest of the day and was even more fussy in the evening.

He's starting to make little shierks and baby noises along with unbelievably cute smiles. He makes David and I smile.

He's not sleeping through the night yet. Sometimes he sleeps for 5 hours at a time but the problem is that he sleeps from about 5am to 10am. Hopefully soon he'll start sleeping longer and get into a better sleeping schedule. In the meantime, David and I are trying to grab what sleep we can. Even if it's a half an hour nap here and there. Every little bit helps.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:31 PM , Blogger Dinybaby said...

    Eric is so cute!!

     
  • At 11:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow! Eric's gained 3 lbs. 10 ozs. since birth! Wish I could "see" him as he grows. And I'd love to hear his baby noises as well as seeing him smile. Beck- I remember quite well when Timmy had his 6 week check-up. When the doctor gave him a shot in the thigh he just screamed. Timmy has a dimple in his thigh to this day. As to Eric's sleeping pattern--it may take just a few more weeks before he starts sleeping longer through the night. We do pray he'll be sleeping maybe 11pm-6am. Wouldn't that be nice? Well, it's good you can take "naps" once in a while. Daddy and I continue to pray for you.

     
  • At 8:32 AM , Blogger ioi said...

    Awww, Cute baby! Hey, don't worry, my five month old still isn't sleeping through the night either, but at some point in their life, they will!

     
  • At 11:51 PM , Blogger HotRodHanna said...

    He is cute little guy! I've been gone for a while, so.. belated Congradulations!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home