Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 20, 2006

first smile

I should be putting some laundry away or sleeping but I need to let you all know that yesterday evening was awesome. I had just bought a infant rocker (it's cool, it vibrates and has toys and rattles on it and it converts to a toddler rocking chair later on) and Saturday we put it together. I decided to try it out last night. I put Eric in it and he began looking at the brightly colored toys that hang in his reach. I thought maybe it would keep him occupied and distract him from wanting to cry for 10 minutes or so.
Well, as I started to wash some dishes, I noticed that he was making some little cooing baby noises. I set the rocker right by the kitchen so I could watch him easily.
Then I looked again and guess what? He smiled. He smiled as he looked up at the toys. I've read that in the baby book that around 6 weeks most babies smile their first smile and start smiling socially.
I melted. He couldn't possibly be any more adorable. I immediately called my parents and told them. I wish that David could've seen it. He was helping me by doing laundry at the time. But I know Eric will be doing it more and more now so David will be able to see it soon.
(I plan on getting it on camera so I can put the picture up here.)
I was able to get the dishes done and now I think that this rocker that we have will help out a lot. I hope that I may be able to soothe him and entertain him at the same time.

I also know that you guys have been praying because the past few nights..... he slept 5 hours straight! Also, I've been working on cutting out the dairy products from my diet and it seems to be helping. His rash seems to be lightning up a bit and he hasn't been crying as much. There has been a change from the last post. Praise the Lord!

Thank you all for praying!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We were so thrilled to hear Eric gave you a smile! You were about 6 weeks old when you first smiled. It is an exciting time for mommy and daddy. Don't forget to write it down in his baby book :)
    Keep taking pictures. Daddy and I surely do miss seeing him "grow".

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home