Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm so tired

I'm exhausted. Taking care of a newborn is exhausting.
I'm emotionally and mentally drained. I guess that's normal but it's so hard.

When does it start getting easier? When are we going to be able to get into a routine? Sleep? What's that?

I've got to go now. Need to eat and then listen to Eric cry some more.
I can't think straight when I'm tired. He's adorable but I don't know what to do.
It's so difficult thinking that we're (David and I) are doing all that we can and then we put him in his crib and 5 minutes later he starts crying again.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:23 AM , Blogger SAJ said...

    I think it's the most scary because it feels like it's going to be like this forever. But it's not! At the worst it will last three months. If you can just get through three months then you can get through ANYTHING!!!!!

     
  • At 6:34 AM , Blogger Mommy dearest said...

    Honestly, every baby is different, but for both my girls, at around 6 months, they started sleeping through the night and developing the morning and afternoon naps. Those early months are hard, but in retrospect, it's a very short time frame. When you're going through it though, I understand how hard it is and how long it seems ! Good luck and just enjoy him at every second, it's amazing how fast the time really does go. :)

     
  • At 4:44 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Thanks SAJ! :-) I'm hanging in there.

     
  • At 5:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello,

    I accidently came across your blog... and just wanted to give you a few words of encouragement. I had a baby girl Oct. 13th, just two days after your Eric... and what you describe sounds just like my Isabella. She cries for hours on end. I feel helpless, crazy, delirious... etc! I also have a 4 yr old, which makes this newborn thing even more hectic, but I remember from my son, it does get better... gets better every week. Soon our newborns will be sleeping through the night, and will become more adorable with each passing day. Some days are better than others. It's great that you got out for a walk. I'm in Seattle, and it's been cold, then today it started pouring rain. I too could use some fresh air. Take care, hang in there, rest when you can.
    Best of luck to you and your family!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home