Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 17, 2006

allergy, colic or both?

I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. He seems like he cries non-stop during the day and during the night. I think I've tried everything in the book.
A couple of days ago I took him to the pediatrician because he has a rash all over his face, head and neck. The pediatrician thinks he is allergic to milk. That is hard for me because I've been trying to breastfeed and he says to stay away from milk.
I've been struggling with that because it's been hard to fix something to eat in a short amount of time and it's going to be more difficult to fix things that aren't made with milk. When I was a kid I was allergic to milk (fortunately I grew out of that allergy because it's really hard to not have chocolate milk or milk shakes or ice cream and all of the the other yummy things).
Now I have the task of finding things to eat that don't have milk.

It's so hard for me to let Eric cry though even for 5 minutes. Most of the time I don't know how to soothe him.

It's also really hard for me to let the other stuff go and stay on the back burner. That's what happens to the dishes the laundry and the bills(sometimes). It has been a team effort taking care of Eric. Both David and I have been doing everything we can. That's why everything else doesn't get done. Pretty soon the dirty laundry will reach the ceiling. The clean laundry that I am able to do just sits around to be folded and put away and then the dirty laundry starts to pile up too. And I'm suppose to try to take a nap when the baby sleeps? Um.... yeah....
I think going to be a zombie for a while.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Beck--you know I would be there in second if we lived close enough. I just felt so badly daddy & I couldn't stay longer to help you and David more last month. Just keeping the bottles washed, laundry washed and folded seemed to relax your mood quite a bit. With a "fussy" baby it's difficult to get these things done. I would suggest you talk with your doctor to try and find out if he thinks Eric is colicy or what? Babies do cry. But I don't know what is considered a "normal" amount of crying. Daddy and I will keep you in our prayers--to know what is making Eric so uncomfortable. Sometimes babies cry just for the sake of crying. It's a natural thing. I love you.

     
  • At 4:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Prayers for His help thru the lactose-free days ahead of you - and that your efforts will be amply rewarded with a calm, rash free Baby Eric. Blessings, ~Beck's Mom~

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home