Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 13, 2006

feeding round the clock

The past few weeks Eric has been eating around the clock or just about every 2 hours. His appetite has really picked up.
A couple of nights ago I had a dream during one of my few naps during the night. I dreamt that I had just woke up and fed Eric. I had just put him down again and then I went to back to sleep. Then I woke up about 10 minutes later to hear him crying again because David was changing his diaper. I thought about what I had learned from the nurse at the hospital about not changing the diaper right after the baby eats because they could spit up because they get moved around too much after eating.
So I told David not to do that and to wait at least 15 minutes or so because I had just fed him.
David said that he was just going to feed him and that he hadn't eaten in at least 3 hours.
(We have a log that we've been keeping about his feeding schedule (and diapering too) so we can tell when the last time he has eaten.)
Obviously I was a little sleep deprived and was dreaming.
Both of us have been sleep deprived lately.

Lately, I have been having a hard time relaxing and sleeping. Whenever I get the chance to take a nap and sleep, I find that I just lie there in bed and can't sleep. It like I just lie there and wait for Eric to start crying again. I'm not sure why this is happens. Also, when Eric is sleeping, I always find that there is something else to do and that I should do it while I have the chance. -For example: wash bottles, take a shower, wash more bottles and wash dishes etc. David helps and he does when he can but he's a busy guy and is very dedicated to his job. So it's very hard for me to do what I've been told and to sleep when the baby sleeps. It just hasn't been working for me.

Thanks for all of your comments in the last post. Thanks for all of your prayers and thoughts. It means a lot to me. And it helps that I'm not the only one who has gone through this and that it does get better.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, I know what you're saying about dreaming that you just fed the baby. When both of my babies were newborns I would have dreams like that and it was so hard to tell what was real and what wasn't. If you're having trouble sleeping try taking some Valerian or Passionflower herbs. They help you relax and sleep. I have the same problem. A lot of nights I lie awake and can't sleep, even when my baby is sleeping her longest stretch ever! Very frustrating and depressing. So, I take Valerian or Passionflower every night to help me sleep. Sometimes they don't always work, though. You have to alternate them, because your body gets used to them, so take Valerian a few nights and then Passionflower.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home