Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I think I'm in for it

Last night (2am!) I went to the hospital because I've noticed something else. Some kind of stuff that didn't seem right. Over the course of a few days or so, I've been noticing this icky stuff and some cramps that have been quite frequent and anyway it alarmed me and I couldn't figure out what it was. None of my books gave me the answer that I was looking for. So I did the familiar routine and called the doctor and the doctor who was on call said to go to the hospital. I woke David up (poor David, I felt badly but I knew that I couldn't drive myself and I didn't know what was happening) and told him what the doctor had said.

We headed to the hospital and we decided to take the video camera and the digital camera just in case.
We got to the hospital and parked and a very nice security guy offered to give us a ride in his golf cart to the emergency room. It was a little walk and I didn't know if I was up for it, so it was very nice of this man to give us a ride.

In the labor and delivery room, the nurse hooked me up to the monitor. She determined that I was losing my mucous plug. That's what that icky stuff was. She said that some women lose it all at once and others lose it a little bit at a time. She also examined me and said that Eric is still high and that my cervix is just beginning to get ripe (barely 1 cm). She told me that things should be changing pretty quickly in the next few days. I had a few contractions that came up on the monitor and they felt pretty strong. She also said that the real contractions for active labor (later on) are awful and I won't be able to talk or walk when they happen. That really scares me because these contractions that I've been having lately haven't been fun.

The doctor at the hospital ended up sending me home after a while. David and I stopped for some very early breakfast and then went home and tried to go back to sleep.

I'm getting more excited that Eric will be here soon. I hope to be able to find out more tomorrow after we have a non-stress test and an ultrasound at the doctor appointment.

Here's a picture from very early this morning. I was smiling but that before I had those contractions that I talked about. I'm a wimp! I'm not even in active labor yet or transition. From what I hear transition is the hardest part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home