Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 16, 2006

Time with friends

Yesterday I was able to spend some time with my friends. We went to lunch at El Torito Grill and then had ice cream at Golden Spoon, very yummy.
I was the only one who had shorts and a tank top on (out of the 4 of us). I have been so hot lately. It is amazing how my hormones make me so hot and uncomfortable and the weather is not helping.
All in all I had a good time just hanging out. But I had a hard time walking up some stairs to the restaurant. It is on a hill and apparantly it was too much for me on a hot day or something because I started feeling a little light headed. I had to stop and take some deep breaths. Then when I was eating, I just about choked on something because it didn't go down right. Anyway, I panicked a little and ran to the restroom because I was starting to get really nervous with people watching me. I just sat quietly and took some deep breaths and I was better.
I really wish that I could have enjoyed the day better. All 4 of us who met at the restaurant have been waiting a while to get together. We have been busy or it was because of me and I was sick. I have nice and understanding friends. Even if they don't understand what it's like to be pregnant. They are all single and it's kind of tough for me to be the only married and pregnant one in the group but they are all really good friends. It was kind of funny that they were all talking about how they were going to go surfing and sky diving, and how much they loved rollercoasters. I just sat and listened and wished that I could do that stuff. Not the sky diving and surfing though, that is too scary for me. Rollercoasters are bad enough.
I has been hard for me to just sit and wait. I sometimes get a little frustrated that I can't go iceskating and things like that. I know that it is for the best and I can't do any activity that could cause me to fall or hurt myself but it is hard because I love iceskating and it is cool in an ice rink and it would feel so good on a hot day. As I am sitting here, I have a fan blowing right on me in the bedroom. We've been keeping it on all day and all night because it's so hot, along with the air conditioning on in the living room. Ugh! It's no fun being hot and pregnant.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I know a place thats cool all summer long. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home