Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The fish tank delemma

Some of you know that we have a fish tank in our apartment. I like fish and I used to have one in my bedroom before I moved to Southern Cal. I decided that I wanted to pick up from where I left off and buy the same kind of fish and see how they do here in our apartment. But I bought a 5 gallon tank for them this time. Originally I had gotten a fish tank as a wedding gift from my bridesmaids almost 4 years ago. I got some pretty colored white mollys and 2 frogs. The frogs were so cute. They were african frogs who liked the water. When David and I decided to move, (6 months after we were married), we tried to take the fish and frogs with us but they didn't make it. I guess they don't like to be sloshed around in a tank while I was holding them in the U-haul truck. Since those fish and frogs died, I decided it wasn't worth the time and effort to have a fish tank. Plus at the time I was too busy to care for them and they got neglected.
Until I decided that I wanted to start it up again last September.

So to make a long story short, I ran into a problem today. I was cleaning the tank because we are planning on going out of town for the weekend and the tank is long over due for a cleaning. I cleaned the filter and changed the water. But as I was putting everything back together, I noticed that the filter wasn't working (and yes it was plugged in)
This is the first time that I've had a problem with cleaning the tank.

I think it's time to make a decision about the fish. Keep them or lose them.
What will it be? I know that when baby Z comes, I won't have time to care for fish. My baby Z will be so important to me that I will forget about them. Poor fish.......
Lately it is getting more and more difficult to lean over and clean the tank.
But on the other hand, I was thinking about baby Z. I think he would love to look at the fish and watch as I feed them. It might help to keep him entertained when he starts crying. But I don't know if I can keep up with the fish maintenance while we have a baby to care for. I may be able to ask David to help me with the fish but don't know he's pretty busy.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:23 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Thanks Lin. I was thinking that too. Babies like to watch things that move. I'll try to keep up the tank. Maybe I'll get some fish that don't require a lot of care. :) Like Goldfish? I got the post to show up. My computer seems to be having problems. Maybe it's the hot weather.

     
  • At 6:23 AM , Blogger HotRodHanna said...

    Try guppies. They can be really pretty, and only cost about $3 each so you can replace them without pocketbook pain. I have a couple small freshwater tanks and one 40 gal saltwater tank- which is a money pit and headache. Was the tank filled to the top with water when you turned the pump back on? I ran into that once, it needs a certain water level to get suction.

     
  • At 12:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think you should pray about it. Then keep them!lol If it is the Lords will that is. What type of fish are they? Maybe you could give them away if that is what the Lord wants you to do. ~God Bless Roberta Elise Smith

     
  • At 7:29 PM , Blogger Dinybaby said...

    Maybe after the baby sleeps through the night, you can sit in your rocking chair rocking your baby and watching the fish in your fish tank. Ofcourse that takes a couple of months before baby will sleep through the night, but by then you'll both enjoy them and you won't be so tired. Ofcourse every baby has his/her timetable when they will sleep through.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home