Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Does this hurt? How 'bout now?

Today I had a glucose test at a lab to see how my body reacts to sugar.
I had to drink an orange colored drink and then I had to wait an hour and then take a blood test. Yes the old poke and poke thing that I dread. I should be used to it by now but I don't know if I ever will. Today was even more exciting because this time the technician poked my hand. I think I don't have any veins in my arms at all. The hand seemed to hurt much worse than my arms, from what I remember. I'm so glad that David was with me. I looked into his beautiful brown eyes while I winced at the same time. Ouch it hurt. I couldn't wait for it to be over. I don't think that I have a very high pain tolerance and it makes me afraid of labor.
The drink reminded me of orange soda. It wasn't too bad except I was hungry, but what's new? I'm always hungry. I have to eat a lot because Z baby is growing so fast.

The other neat thing is that when I was waiting the hour in the waiting room, there was another woman who was having the same test done. She looked to be about my age. I saw her take the same orange liquid that I did. We started talking and as it turns out, she has the same doctor that I have, she's registered at the same hospital as me and her due date is the same. Also, she is also living in a 1 bedroom apartment and wondering if she will be able to move or not. Wow! I thought that was amazing. Here I was in the lab having a test done and I met another pregnant woman and we had these things in common.

In other news, the weather has been down right icky and sticky. For the last couple of days, it's been pretty miserable. I either want to go swimming or just stay inside in an air conditioned room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home