Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 22, 2006

25 weeks! Yeah Baby!

I had a follow up ultrasound for the amniocentesis test from June 1st. That ultrasound was last Monday. It was great! The doctor said everything is looking good and little boy Z is healthy. He's about 1 1/2 pounds. Wow! He's growing fast. The doctor kept saying what a beautiful baby he is. I already knew that. On Wednesday, I had a regular check up appointment and I asked some questions. My feet and hands have been so sore lately. The doctor says I have corporal tunnel syndrome in my hands/wrist. What a bummer! He says it's normal to have that during pregnancy. It's crazy how it's not just the womb that is affected. Being pregnant affects my whole body.
I get light headed and my heart beats irregularly when I climb stairs. I get gaggy and queasy when I smell certain things or if I'm too hungry. I get tired from doing laundry during the day. What else? I cry when I'm overwhelmed and frustrated. I have very peculiar dreams at night.
I'm not trying to complain, I'm just amazed at how this pregnancy is affecting me. I had no idea what to expect. Of course I have heard some things about it, but pregnancy affects every woman differently. Some women sail through it and enjoy every minute of it and some women can't wait until the day they give birth because it's so terrible.
I don't know where I stand. Sometimes I get excited and I just love feeling my baby kick and move inside me and sometimes I just hate every thing about being pregnant. I cry because I feel left out of things and I just can't do what I used to be able to do before I was pregnant.

I guess I'm just full of different emotions. Some of them are irrational and some of them don't make sense. Just ask my husband. He puts up with a lot. It's pathetic how I cry and yell because there are dirty dishes on the counter and my feet and back hurts too much to wash them. He does help me when he can but he's busy with work and he needs some time to relax and enjoy himself.
I cry when I look at the apartment and it is slowly getting cluttered with baby stuff already and it's not even October yet. Pretty soon we will have to make a path just to get to the bedroom.

By the way, the little boy Z is moving right now as I type!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger Dinybaby said...

    So thank ful that your Z baby is well and healthy! Your days of pain and discomfort will be over soon enough. Stay focused on the end results, it really helps to get through the difficult times.
    When I was pregnant, my husband use to tell me how beautiful I was. I think that is true with any pregnant women. I guess we just glow.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home