Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

non stop

Eric has started asking "What's that? and why? and so on.... Help!!! He will be 4 in 4 months!!! Where or where did the time go?

And Ethan is almost 17 months. Yikes! In some ways I'm looking forward to the summer time but in other ways I'm not because I know I'll be so busy chasing them all over the place.

Today I took the boys to Target. I didn't think that a quick trip would be so adventurous. I originally went in just to use the restroom but then Eric said he "had to potty" also :-). Then I went over to get some more pull-ups and on the to the cashier/check-out, Eric managed to fall and hit his nose and cut his lip ( He was doing a combination of skipping/jumping, do all 3 year olds have this much energy?). I looked at him and then noticed that he was bleeding. Should I start panicking now? (yes!) Well, I tried to remain calm (even though he starting crying loudly in the middle of the store) but I didn't really have anything with me to clean up blood but I did have some wipes. I got a few out and held them up to his nose and then made our way to the restroom. When I got to the bathroom, I was able to use some wet paper towels and pinch his nose to stop the bleeding. After we got ourselves back together and Eric seemed happy again, I finished buying the pull-ups (I went back and got the pull-ups because I got distracted).
Whew! What a day.

Just this week Eric has been talking and jabbering pretty much non-stop. I am trying to enjoy it but some times it really ....... drives me crazy. :-O I know this will pass. This is a very challenging time though because Ethan is also very busy. I have been working on getting a break now and then during the day. Ethan almost always takes a good 2-3 nap, but Eric takes a little more work. He will sleep if I tire him out enough. I love those breaks during the day.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:51 PM , Blogger Yo Programo said...

    Actually, I have never heard Eric ever ask "why" yet. I wish he would. I'd like to start explaining things to him but I need him to ask "why" first. I ask him "why" a lot to try to get it into his vocabulary but it hasn't worked yet.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home