Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

not sleeping

For the past month Eric has not been sleeping well. Last night I had a flash back to when he was a newborn. Yikes! He woke up 3 times.
It's been a little frustrating. I'm not sure what it could be.
Also he doesn't like taking naps. He rarely takes naps that are longer than 30 minutes during the day and usually he takes 2. One in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. Maybe that's normal but I wish they could be a little longer.

I some times wonder if I am doing something wrong. I thought I could teach him to take naps and to sleep through the night too.
Also, he has been rolling over in his crib. That's not a good thing. A few times I have seen him on his stomach with his leg caught between the crib slats. And then of course I have to rescue him.

Today I have is his 6 month checkup and I'm not looking forward to it. I know it's necessary but it's hard to handle the crying. And I don't care for the pediatrician. I hope that soon we are able to find a better one. (Maybe after we move. ) Unfortunately, we have a state health insurance program and it's a pain to change doctors.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:41 PM , Blogger Kim Tostada said...

    just a thought.. I dunno if i'm right or not.. but maybe Eric is a light sleeper.. maybe a sound machine might help him sleep better. I heard they sell them at frys.. they make waterfall noises and other things like that that kind of drown out the other noises that go on.. Also I know Matthew used to wake up after about 30 mins of sleep too.. I remembered reading somewhere about baby sleep patterns and that some babies will wake up after a short time but if you give them say about 10 mins.. they usually go back to sleep on their own (if they're not hungry or dirty).. It was true in his case but it may not be in Erics.. Just thought i'd mention it though..I'm not sure there is a quick fix solution since every baby is different.. Hopefully this was somewhat helpful though :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home