Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 28, 2008

20 weeks

So we had the ultrasound the other day and we found out that we're having another boy. Eric will have a little brother! We got to see our little baby boy moving and touching his face and showing off his cute little feet.

I know that there are a lot of other moms out there who have lots of kids and are pregnant while they have older kids. I have to say.... It's difficult. I had an idea of how it would be but I never knew exactly how it would be until I became pregnant. Now, taking care of an active boy while I'm in the second trimester seems more than I can handle. Especially when my emotions take over, which they tend to do from time to time.

I've been feeling my little boy move the past few weeks, and the past couple of days it's been more and more obvious. I think it's exciting.

David and I have been doing some sign language for Eric. The speech therapist that I've been taking him to has recommended that we do that. Over the past few weeks, we've noticed that he is catching on and repeating the signs. The speech therapist says to say what the sign is while we do the action. For example: "eat", "drink", "more", "all done" . Most of the signs are used during eating time. So Eric has learned "more" and "all done" and we think he is beginning to understand them. If he signs "all done" and put his hands out, then we take him down from the high chair and he doesn't get any more to eat. He has also learned what the sign is for bubbles.
We take him outside to blow bubbles and while we do it, we sign bubbles by moving our hands/arms up and down while making a "Ok" or a "zero" sign (only the index fingers opens and closes to show that the bubble is popping).

Bye for now! :-)

4 Comments:

  • At 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations on another little guy! How exciting. =)

     
  • At 8:11 AM , Blogger Alison said...

    Congratulations on your precious little boy! I can't wait to see pictures of him when he's born :-).

     
  • At 12:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    enjoy your "boys"...God put them in your care. Daddy and I are excited to have another grandchild! It is also encouraging that Eric is learning to "sign".

     
  • At 1:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I meant to share this site with you: http://www.signwithme.com/002_browse_signs.asp
    It's been really helpful in teaching Kem signs, especially helpful to me are the video clips showing just how to do it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home