Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 06, 2008

The day the apple juice spilled

Yesterday I had one of those days. The morning started out fine, just like all the other days.
Then I had a brillant idea. Since I didn't have anything else to do, I would take Eric and try to find a smoothie shop (sounds yummy) with a playground that I've heard about. One of my friends told me about it and we're planning a get-together sometime in the near future. I wanted to see where this place was and I am almost always in the mood to get out of the apartment. Especially lately since Eric seems to be completely bored of his toys and I'm starting to run out of ideas of how to entertain him. Plus, it really helps to have a change of scenery once in a while.
So I fed him some french toast for breakfast,(he LOVES it!) I think he would have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I let him. :-) I'm glad I found something he loves.
I started getting a snack ready to put in the diaper bag. I opened the freezer door to take out the ice packs (to put in the diaper bag), I realized that the container of apple juice that was sitting up on top of the freezer (that's where we store stuff when we don't have any more storage space) was close to the edge. But I didn't realize how close it was. It fell to the floor with a crash and the plastic container came open and spilled apple juice all over the kitchen floor.
Hmmmmmmmm........ Now what? Well, I was going to take Eric and be on my way. I guess I'll mop the floor instead. That sounds like fun to me. But first I had to dry all the swimming pool of apple juice with some paper towels before I mopped it. When it broke and spilled, it managed to get on my shoes, my jeans and the kitchen rug by the sink. I guess I'll do some laundry while I'm at it.
I knew that I should have taken a deep breath and calmed down but I was too frustrated to think. David immediately came running out of his office and asked what happened.
"Apple juice is all over the kitchen floor! I was going to take Eric out but now I have to clean the floor. Arrggh!!!"
David looked at me as if to say "It's not that big of a deal. It's just apple juice."
He did have a point.

I needed to calm down. I got the mop out and all that stuff. I decided to put Eric in the crib with some of his toys because I had a feeling it was going to be a while and I knew that he would decide to raid the pantry or re-organize the videos/DVDs and CDs in the entertainment center and I wasn't really up for cleaning up more than one big mess today.
As I was cleaning the floor, I started feeling much better. That usually happens. I think I like to clean. Is that crazy? I love to see a clean, counter top with no dirty dishes and an empty laundry basket.
It helps me to deal with other things much better.

After the cleaning was done, I did get to go out of the house, but it was much later in the afternoon.
That was how my crazy day went. :-)
I'll let you know how the smoothie place was later on.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    :) I'm just getting around to reading your blog for today (it's the 21st). When these things happen, (spilling applejuice on the floor), it does help some, to immediately think of at least one of God's promises..."For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. Jeremiash 29:11. Or, "...this thing is from me".
    God loves you Becky. He doesn't allow things to happen by accident. He always has your best interests in mind. I agree, though, our present circumstances sometimes, do seem "disastrous, but, nothing happens by chance with God. Keep your chin up, Becky. You're an example to Eric :) I know I haven't been the best example for you, but I trust I can learn from my errors.
    Love ya, mom:)

     
  • At 5:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Cute picture of Eric looking out the window. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home