Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 29, 2008

I need eyes on the back of my head

Guess what? Eric climbed up on top of the coffee table. He climbed up there when I wasn't looking. What's next? The dining room table?

I'm quickly finding out that our apartment is never going to be Eric proofed. We've tried to think of everything but even the outlet plug covers don't stop Eric. We've put tape over them but Eric still attempts to take the tape off. I think he would if I let him. He seems to be very determined and of course, very curious.

Yesterday I took him to the park. It was completely spontaneous because I was going to go to the Childrens museum but when I went outside to take the trash out earlier, I noticed that it was such a sunny, Spring like day. I didn't want to pass it up, especially since the weather has been a little rainy and cold. I got to push Eric in the swing. He loved it. Next time I'll be sure to bring my camera.
Hopefully, in a few weeks some of the other moms will want to plan an outing at the park. I've really missed those "Park days" last Spring and Summer and now that Eric loves swings, it'll be even more fun for us.

"You're funny Mom, trying to get me to walk. Don't you know that crawling is much better? I don't have to worry about falling".
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM , Blogger burndive said...

    I think that somehow the human race has survived until now, and children have been around hot stoves, coffee tables, and electrical sockets, though you're certainly not alone in worrying.

    Eric is looking so big! His hair is thicker and darker, and his movements are much more coordinated!

    Thanks so much, Becky, for posting pictures and keeping us all updated!

     
  • At 4:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You do know, don't you, that you can buy special plastic inserts to put in the plug holes, that little kids can't get out. They are called outlet covers.

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Yes, we have those outlet plug covers on all of the outlets that aren't being used. He can take them out. We've put packing tape on over the whole outlet and the face plates and he tries to take the tape off.

     
  • At 8:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOW!!!!! I rest my case!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home