Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 24, 2007

Eric's sick

Eric's sick. Last night he threw up a lot. We put him down for the night and about 2 hours later he woke up crying. David and I read a story to him and tried to soothe him. We took him to the couch and told him he needed to go back to sleep. But then he "projectile vomited" all over the place.
But shortly after that, he fell back asleep. So this morning, I tried to feed him again his normal morning breakfast and he rejected that too. I took his temperature and it was normal.
He just didn't want anything. I tried to give him some apple juice and that actually stayed down. But when I tried to give him a little bit of oatmeal, he vomited that up. So I called the doctor and took him in. (I'm glad he had an opening today). The doctor said he has a stomach virus and he gave me instructions to give him pediatlyte and no formula for about 24hrs, and limit the solid food. It's so hard to see Eric like this. The funny thing is that overall he seems to be fine. He is still smiling and playing and pretty much acting like himself. He just can't keep anything down.
It's hard to know where he got this bug from. It could be from anything, especially when he is constantly putting things in his mouth. I try to wash everything frequently but sometimes it's impossible.
In the mean time I'll be praying that he gets better. I don't like having a sick baby.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    This is part of being a mother. A mother is a nurse, teacher, tutor, counselor, spiritual advisor, taxi driver, chef, etc. And just to think, she doesn't even need to go to college for this! You will get through this, Becky. Babies do get sick. Read all the info you can regarding baby's care. Your doctor can be a big help, too. Don't be afraid to ask questions you may have regarding your baby.

     
  • At 10:49 PM , Blogger Dinybaby said...

    Ditto to your Mom's comments.
    Love, Aunt Dianna
    P.S. You're a great Mom Becky!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home