Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

crying at night

Eric doesn't want to go to sleep at night. He's been fighting his bed time shortly after we've moved here (for the past week or so). I think it's because he has his own room and he is not used to it. He has been sleeping in our room since he was born.
I suppose it could be teething too, because he already has two teeth. But the teethers that we've been using don't seem to help much. I don't want to give him infant tylenol just so he'll calm down. I don't think that is the answer.
David and I don't know how long it will take for him to start settling down instead of crying for a while before he goes to sleep. It's getting a little tiring. The past few nights we've tried to do the 15 minute rule, then check on them etc, but that hasn't worked so far. I just don't see how I can ignore him and let him cry. It pulls at my emotions and heart strings everytime I hear him cry. I have a baby monitor in our room and it's so loud, it scares me sometimes.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    There are several reasons why Eric is fighting his bedtime. I'm thinking...teething pain/discomfort, new bedroom, new home, stress around him, he could be too warm, etc. Becky, try reading in your baby books. Maybe there are some answers there. We pray he will be able to adjust and his difficult teething pain will pass soon.

     
  • At 3:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    praying for His wisdom from above! :) -anna

     
  • At 6:47 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

    Is he getting any better?

    I had to do the same thing with Destiny, it was hard, but the payoff is nice. You are doing the right thing. It is all about patience!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home