Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 24, 2007

serving

Today I served at a Women's Tea which was at Calvary Chapel. Since it is Spring time, it was very fitting to have this tea. A lot of the ladies who attend the Church had brought their best tea sets with cute little tea cups and tea pots. The decorations on the tables were beautiful and I admired all the different colors and designs of the different tea sets.

I signed up for this a little while ago and at the time I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Today I arrived at the Church around 8am. That is a big thing for a stay-at-home-mom like myself. (David was able to watch Eric since it was a weekend. That made it nice for me to be away for a while. :-)
When I got there, I was immediately put to work getting the tables and food ready. There were several other women who had signed up to help who were there already hard at work. There were some tables set up outside of the main sanctuary. A lot of us ended up running back and forth to the kitchen to bring out some last minute supplies or to bring out more food etc.
Without giving too many details, it turned out to be a long and tiring day.

There was a speaker who shared her testimony and who overcame cancer. It was very encouraging to listen to. It is amazing to see how God works in different peoples lives. God is so good!
I am glad that I had the opportunity to serve today.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I so proud of you Becky! Keep it up!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home