Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 14, 2005

The purpose of Trials

You mean there is actually a purpose after all? When I read some of the verses in the Bible that talk about trials, I usually laugh to myself. Although sometimes I cry. "Consider it pure joy, my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance"..... etc. James 1.2 and 3 (NIV translation) These verses are all well and good but how does one person actually consider it all joy when they feel like their world is falling apart? I really don't have an answer for that. I just think it is helpful to read verses especially when the heading above the chapter or verse reads : "Trials, the purpose of trials." There is another verse in 1 Peter 4.12 "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed." What I think this verse means is that we should be glad that we are having trials and suffering like Christ suffered. He suffered for you and me. I guess when I think of that, it makes my problems not seem so bad. It definitely helps to know that my savior went through trials that were much worse. As I have been reading the Bible lately, I am realizing that there are many different verses that are meant to encourage me. Or at least to get me thinking and to get my thoughts focused on something much, much better. It is so much better to think of Bible verses than to be negative and to think what do I have to live for? We have a huge hope and a promise. Jesus will NEVER let me down. The only person who will let you down and discourage you is Satan. I can certainly smile and rejoice in the fact that some day we will be with the Lord forever. I can't imagine what that will be like. Can you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home