Mom4Life

  Lilypie 2nd Birthday Pic Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

jumping off a job


Getting a job is almost like jumping off a diving board and into a pool. Isn't though? Or maybe like jumping off of a cliff. A very high cliff. Maybe I'm just confused.... This is how I have been lately. Confused. I got a job about 4 months ago. I had a pretty good impression that the job was going to be stable. I thought I would be able to stay for a while and grow with the company. I got that impression when I had the interview. I was unpleasantly surprised last Friday in the afternoon when my boss called me into her office. She said "There have been some changes that are taking place....." and she said some other things but I heard the most important part; that my job would be ending in about 2 weeks. The other person who had my job before I got there, is getting that job back. Basically I'm being bumped out of my job. You may think that I am complaining or whining or something. But right now I just feel lost. I don't know what to do. Some people may think that is a great feeling, but I don't know. I guess I should be thinking positively. Like "Isn't this great, who knows what is waiting for me out there." That just made me think of one of my favorite movies which is called " Captain Ron". This picture by the way is at my old job. The one that I got when I first moved down to Southern California. So much has changed since then. Wow. Well, that is another subject and another blog for a different time. Right now I am supposed to be going on and on about my unfortunate job problem. I think it will be nice to have some time off from work. But the big question is, What will I do? Where will I go? (Oh that's 2 questions. Oops) I just don't feel ready to jump into another job right now. So....... I am going to rest on these thoughts. Actually that is another problem. I can't seem to rest lately. I seem to be caught up in my problems. Problems that my husband is having and problems that I am having. I care so much about him that his problems are becoming my problems. I think that is normal though. Ok, now I think I am ready to end this blog for now. I'll continue with this some other time.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home